Whenever you need help with your ride,
whether it's before, during or after your trip,
the best way to contact us is through the Handlebikes App.
Just go to the "Report Problem" section on the main menu of the app to send us a message. Your message will go directly to the local Handlebikes team who will reply to you on the email you registered with Handlebikes. If you have any questions not supported on FAQ section please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or questions.
If you need to speak to someone in person, please call our helpline:
+1 (415) 418 7276
HOW TO USE
How do I start my ride?
New to Handlebikes? Follow these steps and you'll be on your way in less than a minute!
1. Download the Handlebikes app from the Apple App Store / Play Store
2. From the main menu, select “Memberships” and type in the name of your program. You can find this information from your property / office manager or at the signage in the docking station.
3. Register your work email, then type in the 4 digit code sent to you. You’re in!
4. Scan the QR code on the Handlebikes to unlock the vehicle.
5. Check Accept Terms and Waiver.
6. Adjust the height of your riding position and ride safe!
7. Refer to the "Operating Zone" marked on the map in the app, to see where you can ride. Please do not ride a bike outside of this marked area. There are also zones colored red within the operating zone, that are either "No Go Zones" or "No Parking Zones". Please avoid these zones. The bike will automatically end if you enter a "No Go Zone", and you will be unable to end a trip in a "No Parking Zone".
7. When you've finished or paused your trip, always park the bike safely where it will not interfere with driving, traffic, pedestrian walkways and fire hydrants.
8. To end your ride click on the end ride button at your screen. Make sure to lock the vehicle with the built in cable through the dock and you’re all done!
What is the sign up process?
After downloading the Handlebikes app from the App Store/Play Store, you can proceed with the registration process in the following order: Authenticating your work email, phone authentication, and privacy agreement.
How many vehicles can I check out on one account?
You are able to check out one bike per account holder for up to 2 hours.
Am I able to use my membership for other Handlebikes locations?
Your membership is only valid at locations you are registered as a tenant, employee or hold special temporary permit.
How do I stay safe when riding Handlebikes?
The Handlebikes vehicles designed to be as safe as possible, but there are some important rules to follow to ensure a safe ride:
1. Do not ride Handlebikes after drinking.
2. Only one person at a time can ride
3. Please obey the traffic laws.
4. Vehicles must be brought back and locked to the original racks.
What should I do in case of an emergency?
In the event of an emergency and you require urgent medical attention, please call emergency services immediately on 911 before contacting us. Once you are in a safe place, please contact our Customer Service Team who will provide further support and guidance.
How old do you have to be to ride Handlebikes?
In CA and most states you must be 18 or older. Please check the legal age limit in your city.
How do I contact Handlebikes’ Support Team?
For enquiries regarding specific trips please do the following.
1. Enter "Rental History" in the main app menu.
2. Select the ride you have a question regarding.
3. Click on "Report Problem" in the bottom right hand of that ride screen.
You may also contact support by clicking on "Report Problem” at the main menu.
If you need to speak to someone in person, please call our helpline: +1 (415) 405 6373
Can I keep Handlebikes in my house?
It's great that you love our vehicles that much, but our e-bikes, scooter and pedal bikes are made for sharing and they get lonely otherwise. So please don't keep a vehicle at your house as it prevents other riders from having access to it. Handlebikes also reserves the right to retrieve our vehicle if it is kept by a user for private use, and involve the authorities if necessary.
Can I get a Handlebikes moved if it's an obstruction?
We don't like our bikes being in anyone's way so please let us know if you see one causing an obstruction. Contact our support team through the "Help" button on the main menu of the app.
What do I do if I ride a damaged vehicle?
If you notice a broken Handlebike before you start a ride, or have mechanical issues with a vehicle during your ride, please report the malfunction to us by doing the following...
Enter the main menu.
Select "Trip History" and find the trip where the bike malfunctioned. Click on the trip. 3. Tap on the "Report Problerm" to explain the issue. Please do provide as much detail as possible, so we can ensure we make it right for you.
Can I lock the Handlebikes I am riding so I can ride it again later?
Yes, you can pause during a ride by clicking on the padlock icon after your ride has started. Please note that although the bike is locked for this period of pause, you will still be running your allowed time.
What happens if I get into an accident while riding Handlebikes?
If you need to see a doctor due to injuries sustained as a result of an accident please do get the required treatment first and ensure you are safe and cared for before submitting a report to Handlebikes. After you have received treatment. please submit a message to us with details about the incident through the "Help" section that you can find in the main menu of the app.
Is there anywhere that I shouldn't ride?
There is an operating zone for Handlebikes shown on the map in the app and if you try and ride outside of this operating area, the ride assist on the vehicle will stop working. Please return to the operating area to re-activate the motor.
Where can I park?
All trips must end at one of the Handlebikes racks shown in the app. Vehicles must be attached to docks and/or locking cables must be connected.